Tuesday, June 8, 2021

08/06/21 - Samantha Jade being interviewed for the website "Who.com.au"

Exclusive: Samantha Jade's pre-wedding secrets revealed!

"With the wedding around the corner i am more focused to be as fit mentally and physically as i can be." - by Alex Lilly

The countdown is on until Samantha Jade ties the knot with fiancé Pat Handlin, but rather than shredding for the wedding, the singer is determined to be as physically and mentally strong as possible in time for her big day:

"I definitely try to stick to no carbs after five and try to lower my sugar intake," Samantha tells "Who.com.au" when asked how her eating routine has changed in preparation for the wedding, "That doesn't always happen, but for the most part i try!"

However the 34-year-old adds that she hasn't made any drastic changes to her workout regime:

"Exercise to me is as important for my body as it is for my mental health, so it has always been something that is part of my life", she says, adding that she tries to do some sort of workout three times a week whether at home or in the gym, "I guess with the wedding around the corner i am more focused to be as fit mentally and physically as i can be."

When it comes to her day on a plate, there's one thing on Sam's mind as soon as she wakes up:

"I kick the day of with coffee, always. I find i get excited the night before just thinking about my morning coffee to come", she admits, "I am not really a breakfast kind of girl. Occasionally, i do enjoy a granola with yoghurt and fruit or dining out. My go-to is avo smash, poached eggs and a side of bacon, yum!"

For the mid-morning, Sam loves to snack on sugar snap peas, veggie sticks with homemade dip and fruit but her first main meal tends to be lunch:

"I always dream of being great at packing a studio lunch, so i consider myself a winner if i remember to bring these along with me", she says, "Chili tuna salad is a go to of mine! I really enjoy salads - i find you can have a lot of fun throwing all of your favourite ingredients in a bowl and creating something delicious. I also tend to mix in herbs and spices to add flavour. As my dad is anglo-indian i love spicy things. If i am really time poor tuna and rice is a go to. It makes it very easy to just throw in my bag to head to the studio and pick up a side salad somewhere nearby."

As the afternoon rolls around, coffee is calling once more:

"I tend to lean into another coffee around this time of day, but decaf. During COVID-19, i was baking, so i would sneak a cheeky muffin or cookie too", she says.

Whilst hot chips with chicken salt is her go-to "naughty" meal, dinner is usually sushi, chicken or steak with veggies:

"I try and keep it clean and healthy during the week, so i have some wiggle room on the weekend to enjoy the foods i really love."

However her husband-to-be is something of a whizz in the kitchen:

"Pat cooks an amazing chilli basil salmon which is healthy and delicious and we pair it with sauteed green beans and Brussel sprouts."

Since welcoming puppy Banksy into the family, his need for daily walks has proved to be the ultimate morning motivation, but that's not the only way Sam enjoys exercising:

"I have been lucky enough to work with so many incredible trainers in my time, so i have taken something different from each of them and applied it to my own workouts", she says, "Pat's brother Mike is actually a personal trainer and he has given me some great programs and techniques they use at "Soul Bay Strength Training" which i've been really enjoying lately."

Whilst she prefers making up her own workouts to see how far she can push herself, there is one fun form of exercise she can't get enough of:

"I love dancing so much, it is such a wonderful release and also a great form of fitness! I usually would do a show a week and rehearsals too and then there is always the occasional putting Beyoncé on at home and dancing around the living room of course. Poor Banksy!"

Credit: [X]

No comments:

Post a Comment