Monday, July 29, 2024

29/07/24 - Samantha Jade being interviewed for the ''Yahoo! Lifestyle'' website

Samantha Jade reveals why she turned down ''Dancing With The Stars Australia'' multiple times

EXCLUSIVE: The pop star spills on her experience in the competition and reveals the ''most challenging'' part.

She’s arguably one of the best performers on this year’s season of ''Dancing With The Stars Australia'', but it turns out Samantha Jade almost didn’t appear on the reality show. The ''ARIA'' award-winning singer-songwriter admitted to ''Yahoo! Lifestyle'' in 2022 following her stint on ''The Celebrity Apprentice Australia'' that she had been asked to take part in the dancing competition ''multiple times'', but repeatedly turned it down:

''I've been asked to do them all'', she said at the time, listing ''I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! Australia'', ''The Masked Singer Australia'' and ''Dancing With The Stars Australia'' as shows she kept saying ''no'' to.

Fast forward two years and Samantha is one of the favourites to take home the coveted Mirror Ball trophy alongside her dance partner Gustavo Viglio. Speaking to ''Yahoo! Lifestyle'' about her decision to finally appear on the long-running series, the hitmaker admits that the reason why she never said ''yes'' is because she was ''scared'':

''I think they asked me last november and i was kind of like: ''Oh, i'm not sure'' again and then took ages to say yes, and my manager was like: ''What is it? What are you scared of? What is the thing?'', she reflects, ''I think i was like: ''Oh no, i won't be good at it, it'll be too hard'', and putting it in that basket of the ''too hard'' thing. And then i was like, why am i doing that? Like, how fun to learn a new skill as well?''

Samantha adds that she was keen to do something outside of her comfort zone and switch up her routine, saying: 

''When you get to a certain age you don't do things that scare you anymore. You’ve got your little setups, you've got your life, you know what you can do. And i was like: ''That's not a good thing.'' I want to do something that scares me and gives me that ''Ooh, i'm nervous to do this'' feeling. And what i wanted from the experience is exactly what i got. The first week i was like: ''What have I done? Oh my gosh, this is so hard!''. But it was such a great experience, I loved it.''

Samantha Jade reveals ''most challenging'' part of the competition

While Samantha admits she had an advantage coming into the competition as a full-time performer, she says her experience on ''Dancing With The Stars Australia'' was much harder than she could’ve ever anticipated:

''I don't have stage fright, i perform, i've danced before in my shows, but ballroom and latin dancing are like another level'', she details, ''Even my dancers who dance for me were like: ''Oh, we can't do ballroom and latin, it’d be like starting from scratch'', because all the techniques are so different from anything i do in my shows. So i had to really unlearn a lot of things, which was interesting.''

Link: [X]

No comments:

Post a Comment