Friday, November 20, 2020

21/11/20 - Samantha Jade being interviewed for the website "DailyTelegraph.com.au"

 At home with popular Aussie singer Samantha Jade

Samantha Jade is finding the silver lining in 2020, having just moved into a new property with her fiance Pat Handlin and returning to what she does best: Singing. Her new single "New Boy" was released yesterday. Written by Samantha and Carmen Reece (who has also worked with Ariana Grande and Guy Sebastian), "New Boy" may well be the feel good anthem of summer:

“We wanted to write a song about that spark that comes from new beginnings, whether that’s taking the leap with a new love, pursuing a career change or stepping into that next chapter. Also, we want people to just let go and dance.”

With Covid shutting down live performances, Samantha is hoping the new year will be kinder to performers:

“I miss performing so much,” she says. “There is no other feeling in the world that comes close to that rush from being on stage.”

In the meantime, Samantha and Pat have had time to get settled into their new place:

“We had been looking for more of a family home and this place was exactly that”, she says, “We were drawn to this house because of the beautiful pool and barbecue area. We both love entertaining and it will be the perfect space for summer.”

Who?

Singer Samantha Jade.

Where?

Eastern Suburbs with fiance Pat Handlin and their puppy Banksy.

Favourite thing

My fiance bought me this Kate Spade mug for Valentine’s day a few years ago and i absolutely love it.

Inspiration

Light-filled and minimalist.

Home is

Home is where my head and heart are relaxed.


Samantha’s fiance Pat Handlin bought these mugs as a Valentine’s day gift.


A fun Polaroid taken in America.

Polaroid with fiance Pat

This polaroid is from our holiday together in the USA. It’s really cute to look back at.


Banksy is Samantha’s beloved pooch.

Portrait of puppy Banksy by West and Willow

I love this picture so much. They captured him so well, even the little cheeky look in his eye he always has.


A favourite jumper.

Yeezy sweater

I love this sweater so much because it says ‘I love my mum’ on the back. It feels like a warm hug to wear.


Playing records makes Samantha happy.

Record player

I love playing records while I’m cooking or just doing things around the house. It puts me in such a good mood.


This guitar gets a workout at home.

Guitar

This guitar is the reason for so many singalongs and fun times at home. Pat plays and I sing.


Banksy has a personalised bowl.

Banksy’s bowl

This beautiful bowl was custom made for him and sent to me by a beautiful small business and i absolutely love it.


This bestseller is the book of the moment.

"Untamed" by Glennon Doyle

Everyone should read this book, i seriously couldn’t put it down.


Work hard, shop hard.

Celine bag

I always wanted to work hard enough and save up to buy myself a designer bag. When i signed my first endorsement deal, my family and i were in New York and we went to Barneys and bought my first bag. It was a ‘full circle’ moment and reminds me to be grateful.


A sweet reminder of mum.

Amethyst crystal

This crystal was my mum’s. When she was very sick with cancer, she had it in her hospital room next to the bed. Now i have it near mine. When i go to bed at night, it reminds me that she is always with me.

Credit: [X]

No comments:

Post a Comment