Saturday, November 14, 2020

14/11/20 - Samantha Jade being interviewed for the website "DailyTelegraph.com.au"

"Health Hacker": Samantha Jade is a true fan of positive self-talk

Remember when being caught talking to yourself was a sure-fire way of making sure the seat next to you on the train stayed empty, even in the peak-hour rush?

Well, talking to yourself is now making a major comeback, with experts pointing to self-talk as a way to really slow down our thoughts, practice mindfulness and gratitude and even better understand the things we’re reading or seeing.

Sure, you still probably don’t want to do it in public all that often but the benefits of having a chat with yourself in private are now clear.

Just ask Samantha Jade, with the "ARIA Music Award" winning singer starting every single day with a ritual that includes a moment of self-talk to inject as much positivity as possible into the day ahead.

Jade says she starts every single morning the same way, by planting her two feet on the ground and saying “thank you” out loud:

“I think starting the day with gratitude is extremely important”, she tells "Health Hacker", “Positive affirmations really work for me.”

So does that mean you’re likely to see Jade muttering to herself on a train somewhere? Probably not. But the "Back 2 Back" singer has a refreshingly open approach to mental health and what makes her happy, putting self-care at the top of her to-do list.

And happiness is particularly important for Jade at the moment, with Melbourne’s rolling lockdowns forcing her to put her wedding to Pat Handlin on hold. But did she get down? Nope, she got a puppy:

“I find that working out really helps my mental health. I try to move my body at least three times a week, whether that be a walk with Banksy (My puppy), a workout or dancing”, she says, “The best way i think is to work out in the morning so it’s out of the way and you don’t have to think about it or dread it all day. Happiness for me is also time with loved ones. So, i always make time for the relationships in my life as they are the most important thing to me and part of my foundation.”

Samantha Jade on...

Staying fit:

“My secret is knowing what works for my body and making the time to work out or go for a walk.”

Her favourite food:

“It has to be asian fusion.”

Cheat times:

“Who can go past chocolate?”

Secrets to success:

“There’s no secret, it’s working hard and staying positive.”

Healthy eating:

“I would say just try to make the healthier choice. Keep your sugar intake low and try not to do heavy carbs past 05pm.”

Credit: [X]

No comments:

Post a Comment