Monday, November 19, 2012

19/11/12 - Samantha Jade being interviewed for the website "TheMorningBulletin.com.au"

 No one knows how to ride the reality tv wave to a successful recording career better than Guy Sebastian.

The inaugural "Australian Idol" winner turned "ARIA Music Award" winner has been the perfect mentor for "The X Factor Australia" finalist Samantha Jade.

He has already led his charge to a chart-topping single.

Jade's cover of Kanye West's "Heartless" rocketed to the top of iTunes during tuesday's semi-final show.

"When Guy gave that to me I honestly was like "What?", Jade said, "It's Kanye West, first of all. It's hip hop, it's swaggy and i'm totally not that girl. Then he was like "no, trust me" and i trusted him and look it's number one. Wow that's amazing."

The singers have bonded over their similarities. Both had recording deals that went stagnant before they decided to audition for tv talent shows.

"He gets where i'm coming from and what i've been through", she said, "He's the best mentor. He's such a good person and so incredible at music. I just trust him so much."

According to "SportsBet.com.au", Jade is narrowly behind The Collective to win tuesday's grand final over country crooner Jason Owens.

Since she has already earned herself a spot on the Top 6 concert tour, Jade says she is happy "whoever wins".

"Jason works so hard and he's such a good person", she said, "The Collective have worked so hard because they were solo artists and now they're a group. I hear them rehearsing at 2am so i know how hard they all work."

If she does win the 2012 series and a "Sony Music" recording contract, then fans can expect a pop album with an edge from the 25 year old:

"I want to do pop and I want to be able to showcase this new thing I'm doing , this edgy side," she said, "I want to sing and dance. It's been my dream since i was seven. I kind of got it and then it kind of went nowhere and now I feel like it's really going to happen for me. I'm really looking forward to the future."

"The X Factor Australia" grand final performance show airs tonight at 07.30pm on Seven.

"The X Factor Australia" 2012 winner will be crowned tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment