Friday, August 30, 2024

30/08/24 - Samantha Jade being interviewed for the ''9honey Celebrity'' website

Samantha Jade reflects on her time in the music industry after her ''The X Factor Australia'' win over a decade ago: ''I truly can't believe it''

Twelve years ago, Samantha Jade won over the hearts of the nation and her life changed when she was announced the winner of the now-defunct show, ''The X Factor Australia''.

Since then, Jade, 37, has found great success in the music industry, releasing songs including ''Bounce'' and ''What You've Done To Me''. 

Jade, who is married to Pat Handlin, is now set to dominate the charts again with the release of her catchy new tune, ''Peachy'':

"I'm so excited. I feel like when you write music usually you have it for ages, and as the artist, you're like: ''I've been listening to it for ages", she tells ''9honey Celebrity''. I still play this all the time and love it."

Jade, who has written music for the likes of JoJo and Ashley Tisdale, adds:

"I'm really happy i wrote it as if i heard this, i would be like: ''God, i wish i wrote that! It's a fun, pop, happy and feel-good song."

Reflecting on it being 12 years since she won ''The X Factor Australia'', the singer admitted she "truly can't believe it":

"It's so amazing to think at the time i did something like that, because actually it was really hard, that show was quite brutal, you almost get kicked off every week," she says, "Obviously after the show, it's [about] staying relevant, putting your music out there and building your career but i really, really wish they'd bring back ''The X Factor Australia'' as i think that show was such a brilliant school for artists, you learn so much", she says.

Jade credits her fans for helping her keep motivated in the music industry and says music is "what my soul loves":

"I feel like it's my purpose", she says.

In 2014, Jade also won hearts with her portrayal of aussie icon Kylie Minogue in the miniseries ''Never Tear Us Apart: The Untold Story Of INXS''.

Surprisingly, Jade admits she's never actually met Minogue, 56, in person.

When asked if she would ever perform with the hitmaker if she tours Down Under, which she recently teased, she says it would be a "dream":

"Oh my Gosh, what a dream. That's a great idea, lets put that out in the universe," she says with a laugh:

"I've never met her, i've never met Kylie. I know Dannii", she says, "I've spoken to her on the phone, and she was so kind when my mum was unwell and we've been at events but we've never met, and she gave me tickets to her show. The universe is keeping us apart."

Samantha Jade's new track ''Peachy'' is out now.

Lien: [X]

No comments:

Post a Comment